You may see much cabochon jewelry for sale and the price is not cheap, right? Actually, the jewelry with cabochon pendants can be handmade all by yourselves. Here, I’m going to share you a simple tutorial about making cabochon pendant necklace. To DIY this classic vintage jewelry, you will first get the needed supplies and be sure the size and shape are applicable. (Tutorial from: celticmommy.blogspot.com/ )
Supplies needed: E6000 glue, a pair of scissors, glass cabochons, pictures, metal cabochon settings.
Step1, cut the picture to make it fit properly inside the metal cabochon settings. Glue the glass cabochon on to the picture and gently press it for 30s, then leave alone about 2mins.
Step2, Flip the cabochon upside down carefully, and wipe the excess glue from the sides gently. Do not move the pictures at all. Still leave it alone for 2mins.
Step3, Apply glue in the metal cabochon, press the glass cabochon with picture in, and hold is for at least 30s, then let it dry for an hour. (PS: add glue in the center of metal cabochon, as the glue will seep out while pressing the glass cabochon&picture in. Use paper towel carefully to remove the excess glue or you will ruin the image. )
Step4, the pricey vintage cabochon necklace is done. The pretty cabochon pendant can also go with nice dangling earrings.
Best Jewelry Stores
Jewelry Making Supplies
A big fan of Jewelry Collection. I have collected various of pendants and necklaces, beaded bracelets, bling bling earrings and other amzing accessories!
- European Beads for Different Designs
- Easy Gift Idea for Her
- Advantages of Buying Acrylic Beads for Making Jewelry
- Tips on How to Choose the Best Bracelet Clasps
- 5 Things You Should Know About European Beads
- Facts about Lava Beads
- Five Main Types of Porcelain Beads
- Use Wholesale Charms to Add Charm to Your Jewelry
- How to Wear Gold Jewelry
- Why You Should Buy Wholesale Beads
- Benefits of Buying Wholesale Jewelry Supplies
- Tips for Ordering Wholesale Glass Beads Online